Bar sections and Young Lawyers Division offer free COVID-19 related CLEs
A number of Florida Bar sections and the Young Lawyers Division are offering free COVID-19 CLE programs to benefit the membership.
The sections and the YLD acted in response to a request from Florida Bar President John Stewart, who recently Zoomed with the Council of Sections to discuss the Bar’s response to the pandemic and develop plans for going forward.
“Our goal is to provide high quality, topical CLEs to our members,” Stewart said.
Six CLE programs have been posted and others are in development. Those available now include:
- (3891) The Adaptable Attorney: Working from Home (Young Lawyers Division)
- (3899) The Adaptable Attorney: Selecting the Right Remote Meeting & Collaboration Tools (Young Lawyers Division)
- (3923) COVID-19: Virtual meetings, Sunshine Law and Other Issues (City, County, and Local Government Section)
- (3909) The Adaptable Attorney: How to Run a Successful Zoom Meeting (Young Lawyers Division)
- (3924) The Adaptable Attorney: Understanding and Using Digital Signatures (Young Lawyers Division)
- (3929) Pandemic Networking: Ways to Generate Business When You’re on Lockdown (Tax Law Section)
These free CLE programs, and others when they become available, may also be found on the Bar’s COVID-19 webpage at floridabar.org/covid19, which is being constantly updated to provide members with Florida Supreme Court orders immediately after they are issued, links to state and federal courts, Florida Bar announcements, member resources, and consumer assistance.
The Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section is also posting helpful information and guidance on COVID-19 pandemic-related topics.