Bar’s COVID-19 Information and Resources webpage offers many resources
In addition to extending their holiday greetings, Florida Bar leaders are urging members to monitor the COVID-19 Information and Resources webpage.
From the latest Supreme Court orders related to COVID-19 operations, to the progress of vaccine trials, the webpage is updated constantly with the most recent and relevant information for Florida’s legal community, said President-elect Michael Tanner.
“There is a wealth of information related to court operations, member resources, and medical information that would assist our members in coping with the challenges created by the pandemic,” he said. “We strongly urge our members to go to the website and use it.”
Tanner chairs the COVID-19 Pandemic Recovery Task Force, which oversaw the website redesign in August. He stressed that in addition to the latest news, the webpage also links members to Bar and other resources designed to help them cope with the health crisis and its economic impact.
The website features videos and links to Bar and consumer resources, free CLEs, national, state, and local lawyer professional groups, and employment opportunities. It also provides easy access to the Florida Lawyers Helpline (1-888-FL1-WELL).
Staffed by professionals 24/7, the helpline serves as a gateway to up to three free mental-health counseling visits, as well as childcare, elder care, and financial counseling services.
The new design includes:
• A sidebar with the latest articles related to the pandemic from The Florida Bar News. When the News posts a new pandemic-related article, it automatically appears in this area.
• A revised member resources tab that prominently features free CLEs posted on LegalFuel.com, which also has embedded the Bar sections’ CLEs regarding COVID-19 on its site so that there is easy access to a complete and searchable listing.
• An Opportunities for Lawyers section highlighting the Bar’s Lawyer Referral Service and other attorney employment resources, such as the position available classifieds from the News and The Florida Bar Career Center. There is also a link to the Lawyers Advising Lawyers program.
• A Court Orders/Links tab with links to the Florida Supreme Court’s COVID-19 emergency webpage that serves as a clearinghouse for statewide administrative court orders, advisories, and memos. The page also includes links to Florida’s trial courts and district courts of appeal websites for additional information about local court operations and orders.
• A Bar/Legal Groups tab that includes links to the ABA Coronavirus Task Force webpage for a national source of information, as well as The Florida Bar sections’ COVID-19 resources and upcoming webinars. This tab also links to pandemic information from the American Board of Trial Advocates, The Florida Bar Foundation, and the state’s various regional and voluntary bar associations.
• A Medical Information tab includes links to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Florida Department of Health, and COVID-19 statistical and vaccine-related information to keep Florida lawyers more informed.