CABA leadership training explores professionalism and mentorship
The Cuban American Bar Association (CABA) recently held its third L.E.A.D. program session at Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton in Coral Gables.
The Leadership, Education, And, Development (L.E.A.D.) program is designed to provide CABA fellows with the knowledge, skills and tools to be effective leaders within CABA, The Florida Bar, and their communities. The multi-day sessions were designed to assist the diverse and inclusive group of lawyers in becoming better leaders within the legal profession.
“We are very pleased to have completed our third successful session providing a skills-based learning experience on important topics such as professionalism, code of conduct, and civility in advocacy,” said CABA President Giselle Gutierrez. “The event was well attended and provided an engaging and interactive forum with discussions that generated ideas for future sessions.”
The third program session, “Beyond Case Law: Elevating Legal Practice Through Professionalism and Mentorship,” was sponsored by Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton.
- Judge Rodolfo A. Ruiz II of the U.S. Southern District of Florida
- Judge Paul C. Huck of the U.S. Southern District of Florida
- Magistrate Judge Melissa Damian, of the U.S. Southern District of Florida
- Aimee Ferrer of Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen
- U.S. Attorney Markenzy Lapointe for the U.S. Southern District of Florida
- Chief Assistant Hector A. Dopico of the U.S. Southern District of Florida Federal Public Defender’s Office
- Jorge L. Piedra, CABA past president, managing partner, Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton
- Maria D. Garcia, CABA past president, partner, Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton
- Fernando S. Aran, CABA past president, managing partner, Aran Correa & Guarch
- Javier A. Lopez, CABA past president, partner Kozyak Tropin & Throckmorton
- Sia Baker-Barnes, shareholder, Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley
- Isabel C. Diaz, partner, Holland and Knight
- Judge Yara Lorenzo Klukas, Miami-Dade County Court
- Judge Jorge A. Perez Santiago, Miami-Dade County Court
- Mayor Vince Lago, City of Coral Gables
- Mayor Javier Fernandez, City of South Miami
- Mayor Eric Diaz-Padron, City of West Miami