Clay County’s Green leads Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers
Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers installed its 2020-2021 board of directors. Led by incoming President Tara S. Green, Clay County Clerk of the Circuit Court, board members will each serve a one-year term.
The conference, held virtually due to concerns about COVID-19, also unveiled the theme that will guide initiatives during Green’s presidency: “Leading the Drive for Excellence.”
“Clerks are innovators. When we work together, our true potential is tremendous,” Green said. “I want to focus this year on how clerks can drive innovations in efficiency, service, and technology to serve this state and our constituents.”
Tiffany Moore Russell, the Orange County Clerk, is the newest member of the executive committee. Russell has served on the board of directors since 2016 and now takes on the role of secretary and communications committee chair.
Executive committee members include Manatee County Clerk Angel Colonneso, president-elect); Martin County Clerk Carolyn Timmann, vice president; Suwannee County Clerk Barry Baker, treasurer; and Orange County Clerk Tiffany Moore Russell, secretary.
The board of directors include
• Alex Alford, Walton County – District I Director
• Kathy Brown, Liberty County – District II Director
• Kellie Connell, Union County – District III Director
• Angela Vick, Citrus County – District IV Director
• Tom Bexley, Flagler County – District V Director
• Ken Burke, Pinellas County – District VI Director
• Linda Doggett, Lee County – District VII Director
• Marcia M. Johnson, Franklin County – Past President
• Sharon R. Bock, Palm Beach County – Past President
• Stacy M. Butterfield, Polk County – Past President
The immediate past president is Stacy M. Butterfield, Polk County Clerk.
“It has been a wonderful and challenging year,” Butterfield said. “From our very successful statewide driver license reinstatement Operation Green Light events in October, to statewide shutdowns due to COVID-19, I’ve been proud of the leadership I’ve seen from clerks throughout Florida — and I have been proud to be part of the leadership team as the 2019-2020 president.”
Green was sworn in by Fourth Circuit Judge Don Lester.