Cuban American Bar Association launches leadership training program
'Inspired by The Florida Bar Leadership Academy, our L.E.A.D. with CABA is a multi-day training program that brings together experienced legal professionals and experts on leadership development to provide a comprehensive curriculum that covers both personal and professional development'
The Cuban American Bar Association (CABA) is now accepting applications for its inaugural “L.E.A.D. with CABA” class.
“This new program is designed to provide lawyers with the skills and knowledge they need to be effective leaders in the legal profession,” according to CABA President Giselle Gutierrez. “Inspired by The Florida Bar Leadership Academy, our L.E.A.D. with CABA is a multi-day training program that brings together experienced legal professionals and experts on leadership development to provide a comprehensive curriculum that covers both personal and professional development.”
L.E.A.D. with CABA will covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Leadership theory and practice
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic planning and decision-making
- Team building and conflict resolution
- Diversity and inclusion
- Professional development
The program is designed to provide CABA members with the knowledge, skills, and tools they need to be effective leaders within CABA, The Florida Bar, and their communities.
L.E.A.D. with CABA goals include:
- Developing and nurturing leadership by providing participants with the knowledge, skills, and experience they need to become effective leaders.
- Challenging participants to explore their values, beliefs, strengths, and weaknesses, as they seek out opportunities for improvement in an effort to enhance their leadership effectiveness.
- Working to raise the level of awareness and engagement among lawyers regarding issues facing the profession through the study of ethical, professional, and public service issues.
- Encouraging CABA members to become involved in the community and to use their leadership skills to make a positive impact on the world.
L.E.A.D. with CABA is open to all CABA members who are in good standing and are committed to improving their leadership skills and making a difference in the community. In an effort to achieve diversity among the participants, qualified individuals will be sought from the private and public sectors, large and small law firms, different practice areas, backgrounds, and geographical areas of the state, according to the association. At this time, student members are ineligible for the program.