Dade Legal Aid’s Leadership Academy focuses on well-being
Class VII of Dade Legal Aid’s Leadership Academy recently attend DGIM Law’s Mid-Week Mental Health & Wellness virtual seminar featuring happiness coach and attorney Rochelle Gapere.
Throughout the webinar, which focused on well-being for 2023, Gapere shared her “unique approach to living a happy life despite its inevitable ups and downs.”
Gapere attended University or Miami School of Law and is the 2019 recipient of The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Michael Reese Quality of Life Award.
The Dade Legal Aid Leadership Academy bringing together young leaders of community whose resumes reflect their accomplishments as well as their concerns for the profession.
“The Dade Legal Aid Leadership Academy is a very special program designed to mentor the next generation of leaders in our legal community by emphasizing pro bono service as an integral part of the practice of law,” said United States District Court Judge Rodolfo Armando Ruiz II. “The ongoing success of the program is a testament to their commitment to help underrepresented individuals navigate the legal system.”
This year’s fellows include:
- Otgna Dorno, Office of Criminal Conflict
- Andres Gamardo, Gamardo Law
- Jesus Hernandez, Holland & Knight
- Vanessa Joseph, Catholic Legal Services
- Jennifer L. Junger, Greenberg Traurig
- Jacob Koffsky, Assistant United States Attorney, U.S. Southern District of Florida
- Alexa Philossaint, Dade Legal Aid
- Andrea Picco, Foley & Lardner
- Jillian Postal, Law Offices of Aaron Resnick
- Evan Robinson, Law Clerk to Senior U.S. District Court Judge Frederico Moreno
- Mark St. Vil, Law Offices of Mark St. Vil
- Joseph Wasserkrug, McDermott Will & Emery
- Erin Weinstock, Rumberger|Kirk