Day Pitney hosts 2023 Palm Beach Family Office Forum
Day Pitney recently brought together family office thought leaders, clients, and friends from the legal, accounting, and financial industries to its annual invitation-only Palm Beach Family Office Forum.
The interactive forum covered current issues, challenges, and opportunities that impact the financial health, longevity, and success of family offices.
Day Pitney partner R. Scott Beach, chair of the firm’s corporate and business law department and head of its Family Office practice, served as master of ceremonies. The keynote speakers were Meghan Shue, head of investment strategy & portfolio construction of Wilmington Trust, and Don Peebles, founder, chair, and CEO of The Peebles Corporation.
“Our team works collaboratively in serving our family office clients in all aspects of their operations, tax and estate planning and investment activities, which is in part what led us to put together the Forum. Our aim for these events is to provide insightful content and thought leadership in a unique forum for our attendees to exchange ideas, share opportunities, and build a dynamic investment ecosystem,” said Beach. “We have been truly thrilled by the success of this event and are delighted to offer our clients and friends of the firm this significant opportunity to connect with their peers while participating in world-class programming that highlights the significant opportunities and challenges family offices and their constituents face.”
The line-up of Day Pitney speakers at the annual Palm Beach Family Office Forum included Trusts and Estates partner James Ballerano, Investment Management partner Peter J. Bilfield, Miami Real Estate partner Daniel Diaz Leyva, Trusts and Estates partner Tasha K. Dickinson, Florida managing partner Manuel A. Garcia-Linares, Trusts and Estates attorney Melissa A. Passman, chair of the firm’s Data Privacy, Protection, and Litigation group William J. Roberts, Trusts and Estates partner Darren Wallace, and Trusts and Estates attorney A. Michael Wargon. Day Pitney’s attorneys were joined on stage with thought leaders from a range of organizations: RSM US LLP, The Estate Companies, Premium Digital Control & Automation, Brick & Timber Collective, JFC Legal LLC, Puerto Rico’s Department of Economic Development and Commerce, RioBlanco Capital, Certuity, MMG Equity Partners, Legendary, Linkvest Capital, O’Connor Professional Group, The Related Companies, RayLign LLC, Cadell North America, Shepard Kaplan Krochuk, LLC, Williams and Parker LLC, Coach Matt, and Tolleson Wealth Management.
Panel and discussion topics included:
- Economy at a Crossroads: Weighing the Risks and Opportunities
- Real Estate Investing in the New Reality
- The Evolution of Florida Real Estate: Investment Opportunities and Challenges
- Business Owner Migration to Florida and Related Domicile Planning Considerations
- The art of Legacy Planning: Strategies and Insights for Building, Stewarding, and Leveraging Art Collections to Preserve and Transfer Family Wealth
- Unlocking the Potential: Redomiciling and Investing in Puerto Rico – A Family Office Perspective
- Protecting the Intangible: Safeguarding Your Family’s Online Reputation and Brand
- Beyond the Balance Sheet: Tackling the Tough Stuff with Families
- Investing in Turbulent Times: How Families Can Protect Principal and Enhance Investment Terms and Opportunities
- Connecting the Dots for Generational Well-Being