Defending Foreclosures in Florida
Defending Foreclosures in FloridaA pril Charney, a Jacksonville Area Legal Aid lawyer and nationally recognized foreclosure defense expert, is the featured speaker at a September 12 seminar in Miami—designed for all attorneys interested in learning how to handle defense of foreclosure cases.
No prior experience is necessary. All that is needed is a desire to “give something back.”
The seminar is free to all attorneys who accept at least one pro bono case. The cost for materials and lunch is $40. (If you cannot take a case, the cost of the seminar including lunch and materials is $125.)
Eight hours of CLE credits have been applied for.
Registration for the seminar begins at 8:30 a.m., and the seminar begins at 9 a.m. on Friday, September 12, at the Dade County Courthouse, Courtroom TBA, 73 W. Flagler Street, Miami.
• Federal laws that govern mortgage originating and servicing;
• Laws and regulations that govern mortgage lending and servicing;
• Understanding loan documents, origination, and closing process;
• Servicing problems and post origination issues;
• Common law/state law causes of action and affirmative defenses;
• Drafting discovery/motion practice.
If you would like to attend or if you would like to accept at least one pro bono case, contact Put Something Back via mail at 123 N.W. First Avenue, Miami, FL 33128. E-mail: [email protected] or fax (305) 372-7693.