Fifth DCA has a vacancy
As a result of the elevation of Judge Jamie Grosshans to the Florida Supreme Court, there is a vacancy in the Fifth District Court of Appeal and the Judicial Nominating Commission has been asked to provide Gov. Ron DeSantis with nominees for the vacancy.
Judicial applications for this one vacancy must be received before 5 p.m. on Oct. 12, 2020, at the following location:
c/o Michael C. Sasso, Chair
Fifth District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission
1031 W. Morse Blvd., Suite 120
Winter Park, FL 32789
Email: [email protected]
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. All applicants must have been members of The Florida Bar for at least 10 years, electors of the state of Florida and be residents of the Fifth District Court of Appeal prior to taking office.
The Judicial Application (which can be downloaded from the governor’s website) must include:
- An original and 10 printed copies of the application;
- One Digital (electronic) copy of the application (either as a .PDF or in Microsoft Word) to [email protected];
- One Digital (electronic) copy of the application with personal information redacted in a format suitable for submission in response to public records requests;
- A recent photograph;
- Letters of recommendation applicants wish the commission to consider, however, these letters may also be sent as supplements, after the application is submitted;
- Copies of the applicant’s completed federal income tax returns for the preceding three years or current financial statement and financial history. Note: if an applicant is practicing law as a professional association, tax returns for the three-year period should include the tax returns for the professional association;
- Any additional information applicants feel may be helpful to the commission in assessing qualifications.
After the deadline, the commission will determine which applicants to interview. Applicants to be interviewed will be contacted to confirm the date, time, and location.
All proceedings of the Judicial Nominating Commission are open to the public except for deliberations. Accordingly, applicants should not expect their applications to be kept confidential.
If an applicant is nominated, all materials attached to the original application will be submitted to the governor. If there are any questions about the application process, please contact the Chair Michael C. Sasso.
Fufth District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission members:
Michael C. Sasso, Chair
Amanda Perry Carl, Vice Chair
David de Armas
Vincent A. Citro
Craig S. Dyer
Milo Scott Thomas
Members of the bench, the Bar and the public are urged to contact the members of the commission concerning applicants for judicial positions.