Fifth DCA has a vacancy
As a result of the retirement of the Hon. Judge Richard B. Orfinger, there is a vacancy in The Fifth District Court of Appeal and the Judicial Nominating Commission has been asked to provide Gov. Ron DeSantis with nominees for the vacancy.
Judicial applications for this vacancy must be received before 5 p.m. on January 19 at the following location:
c/o Michael C. Sasso, Chair
Fifth District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission
1031 W. Morse Blvd., Suite 120
Winter Park, FL 32789
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. All applicants must have been members of The Florida Bar for at least 10 years, electors of the State of Florida and be residents of the Fifth District Court of Appeal before taking office.
The Judicial Application (which may be downloaded from the Office of the Governor at www.flgov.com) must include:
- One digital (electronic) copy of the application (either as a .PDF or in Microsoft Word) to [email protected];
- One digital (electronic) copy of the application with personal information redacted in a format suitable for submission in response to public records requests;
- A recent photograph;
- All letters of recommendation that applicants wish the Commission to consider, however, these letters may also be sent as supplements, after the application is submitted;
- Copies of the applicant’s completed Federal Income Tax Returns for the preceding three years OR current financial statement and financial history. NOTE: if the applicant is practicing law as a professional association, tax returns for the three-year period should include the tax returns for the professional association;
- Any additional information applicants feel may be helpful to the Commission in assessing qualifications.
After the deadline for submitting applications, the Commission will determine which applicants to interview. Applicants to be interviewed will be contacted to confirm the date, time and location.
All proceedings of the Commission are open to the public except for deliberations. Accordingly, applicants should not expect their applications to be kept confidential. If an applicant is nominated, all materials attached to the original application will be submitted to the governor. Questions about the application process should be directed to the Chair, Michael C. Sasso.
The Fifth District Court of Appeal JNC commissioners are Michael C. Sasso, Chair; Amanda Perry Carl, Vice Chair; R. David de Armas, Andy Bardos, Lauren Blocker, Vincent A. Citro, Craig S. Dyer, Carrie Eisnaugle and Milo Scott Thomas.
Members of the bench, the Bar and the public are urged to contact the members of the Commission concerning applicants for judicial positions.