Florida Supreme Court JNC seeks applicants for to fill two justice vacancies
The Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission is accepting applications to fill the vacancies on the Florida Supreme Court created by the resignations of Justice Barbara Lagoa and Justice Robert Luck to assume federal judicial office.
Based on the Florida Supreme Court’s current composition, at least one of the justices appointed to fill these two vacancies must be a resident of Florida’s Third Appellate District at the time of appointment.
The judicial application may be obtained from the Governor’s Judicial Nominations website at: https://www.flgov.com/judicial-and-judicial-nominating-commission-information/. Applicants must submit: (1) an original electronic copy of the application (including all attachments) in pdf format; and (2) a redacted electronic copy of the application (including all attachments), which excludes all material that is exempt or confidential under applicable public records laws, also in pdf format. Both the original and redacted electronic applications must be submitted electronically to all commission members at their email addresses below before 6 p.m. on December 24. The commission strongly prefers the submission of applications in a searchable (i.e., non-scanned) pdf format.
After the deadline for submitting applications, the commission will determine which applicants to interview. Applicants who are selected by the commission for interviews will be contacted to confirm the date, time, and location.
The members currently serving on the Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission include:
- Daniel Nordby, Chair, Tallahassee, [email protected]
- Fred Karlinsky, Vice Chair, Weston, [email protected]
- Cynthia G. Angelos, Port St. Lucie, [email protected]
- Jesse M. Panuccio, Palm Beach Gardens, [email protected]
- Israel U. Reyes, Coral Gables, [email protected]
- Hala A. Sandridge, Tampa, [email protected]
- Heather Stearns, Tallahassee, [email protected]
- Jeanne T. Tate, Tampa, [email protected]
- Harout Samra, Coral Gables, [email protected]