Gala and fundraiser will celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida
The 21st annual “For the Public Good” gala and fundraiser is set for October 5 and is being jointly hosted by Legal Aid Service of Broward County and Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Coast to Coast Legal Aid.
The event brings together judges, attorneys, and members of the South Florida business and legal communities to celebrate the past and look to the future. Attendees will enjoy an evening of networking, cocktails, and dinner. The gala features an awards ceremony honoring those who change the lives of clients in need and benefit the community, according to the organizers.
Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida is a nonprofit law firm established in 2003 and funded, in part, by the Legal Services Corporation. It’s mission is to improve the lives of low-income persons in the community through advocacy, education, representation, and empowerment.
Legal Aid Service of Broward County is a not-for-profit law firm established in 1973, with a mission to provide high quality free civil legal advice, representation, and education to the poor of Broward County.
Both organizations will benefit from the fundraiser which will be held at the Signature Grand, located at 6900 West State Road 84 in Davie. The cocktail reception begins at 6 p.m. followed by dinner at 7 p.m. The master of ceremonies will be Sheli Muñiz of NBC 6 Miami.
The following honorees will be presented with their awards at the gala:
- Attorney of the Year Award — Patricia Preciado,
- Law Firm of the Year Award — Shmucher Law,
- Spirit of Justice Award — Bob and Grace Manne,
- Hon. Thomas Lynch Excellence in Justice Award — Broward County Bar Association,
- Commitment to Justice Award — Delanor Ulysse,
- Jacquelyn and Bruce Rogow Employee of The Year Award — Colette Kienle,
- Russell E. Carlisle Advocacy Award — Judge Stacy M. Ross, and
- Tony Karrat Excellence in Community Service Award — Broward County and the Broward County Commission.