Scott makes JNC appointments
On his last day in office, former Gov. Rick Scott made eight appointments to various judicial nominating commissions, all for terms beginning January 7:
• Valerie Barnhart was appointed to the 17th Circuit JNC for a term ending July 1, 2019.
• William Shepard was appointed to the 15th Circuit JNC for a term ending July 1, 2022.
• Jeff Aaron, James Schulte, and Mary Nardella were appointed to the Ninth Circuit JNC for terms ending July 1, 2022.
• Robert Spottswood and Lindsey Friedman were appointed to the Third District Court of Appeal JNC for terms ending July 1, 2020.
• Peter Penrod was appointed to the First District Court of Appeal JNC for a term ending July 1, 2020.
Aaron, Spottswood, and Penrod were direct appointees by the governor, the rest were from slates nominated by The Florida Bar.