Sixth DCA JNC submits names to the governor to fill three vacancies
The Sixth District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission has sent 18 names to Gov. Ron DeSantis to fill the three vacancies on the newly created Sixth District Court of Appeal.
The Sixth DCA JNC nominated the following lawyers for appointment:
- Rep. Michael Paul Beltran of Tampa
- Judge Danielle Lynn Brewer of Arcadia
- Judge Paetra T. Brownlee of Orlando
- Judge Kyle S. Cohen of Naples
- Judge Angela Jane Cowden of Sebring
- Christopher Dale Donovan of Naples
- Judge Stephen S. Everett of Tallahassee
- Judge Zachary M. Gill of Ft. Myers
- Judge Gerald Paul Hill II of Bartow
- Judge Michael S. Kraynick of Orlando
- Judge Diego M. Madrigal III of Kissimmee
- Judge Michael Patrick McDaniel of Bartow
- Judge Michael Thomas McHugh of Ft. Myers
- Judge Joshua Mize of Orlando
- Judge Jared Edward Smith of Tampa
- Judge Patricia Lynn Strowbridge of Orlando
- Judge Jennifer Anne Swenson of Bartow
- Judge Keith F. White of Orlando
The Sixth DCA JNC said it interviewed all 33 applicants for the vacancies on the new Lakeland-based appellate court that with nine judges will be the smallest of Florida’s appellate courts.
The Sixth DCA consists of the Ninth, 10th, and 20th judicial circuits and is scheduled to begin hearing cases January 1, 2023.