South Florida lawyers honored by legal aid providers
Legal Aid Service of Broward County and Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida have announced the recipients of their 2021 Annual Recognition Awards.
The 2021 award recipients include:
- The Attorney of the Year Award was presented to Lauren Alperstein of Boies Schiller Flexner.
- The Law Firm of the Year was presented to the Van Horn Law Group.
- The Spirit of Justice Award was presented to Ofer Shmucher and Shera Anderson of Shmucher Law.
- The Commitment to Justice Award was presented to Theresa Edwards of American Justice, P.A.
- The Russell E. Carlisle Advocacy Award was presented to Anthony J. Karrat, executive director of Legal Aid Service of Broward County.
- The Jacquelyn and Bruce Rogow Employee of the Year Award was presented to Edwin Cordova, supervising attorney of the Housing Unit at Legal Aid Service of Broward County.
During the series of online virtual events, legal professionals, community leaders, and friends/families gathered to watch each honoree receive their award as they made brief remarks.