Supreme Court JNC now accepting applications
The Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission is seeking applicants to fill the vacancy created by the retirement of Justice Ricky Polston effective March 31.
The judicial application may be obtained from the Governor’s Judicial Nominations website.
Applicants must submit: (1) an original electronic copy of the application (including all attachments) in pdf format; and (2) a redacted electronic copy of the application (including all attachments), which excludes all material that is exempt or confidential under applicable public records laws, also in pdf format. Both the original and redacted electronic applications must be submitted electronically to all commission members at their email addresses below before 5 p.m. EDT on Monday, April 3. The commission strongly prefers the submission of applications in a searchable (i.e., non-scanned) pdf format.
After the deadline for submitting applications, the commission will determine which applicants to interview. Applicants who are selected by the commission for interviews will be contacted to confirm the date, time, and location. It is anticipated that interviews will take place Wednesday, April 12, in Orlando.
The members currently serving on the Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission are:
- Chair Fred Karlinsky, Weston, [email protected]
- Vice Chair Jesse Panuccio, Palm Beach Gardens, [email protected]
- Cynthia Angelos, Port St. Lucie, [email protected]
- Daniel Nordby, Tallahassee, [email protected]
- Hala Sandridge, Tampa, [email protected]
- Heather Stearns, Tallahassee, [email protected]
- Jeanne T. Tate, Tampa, [email protected]
- Harout Samra, Coral Gables, [email protected]
- Tim Cerio, Tallahassee, [email protected]