Two Board of Governors races set; 20 elected without opposition
There will be two contested Board of Governors races on the Bar’s March 2021 election ballot while 19 incumbent board members have been reelected and one new board member was elected without opposition.
Filing closed for board elections on December 15.
The contested seats are in the 11th and 15th circuits for posts being vacated by Steve Davis and Gary Lesser, who are running for Bar president-elect.
Filing for the 11th Circuit, Seat 6, vacancy were Frances G. De La Guardia and Leslie B. Rothenberg, both of Miami.
Filing for the 15th Circuit, Seat 4, vacancy were Manuel Farach and Michael J. Gelfand, both of West Palm Beach, Mark R. Osherow of Boca Raton, and Daniel Zuniga of Palm Beach Gardens.
Ballots will be mailed around March 1 and must be returned to the Bar’s election company by 11:59 p.m. on March 22. Bar members will again have the option of casting a paper ballot or voting online. Instructions will be included with the mailed ballots. Any runoffs will be conducted between April 1 and April 22.
Elected to the board without opposition were:
• Lawrence E. Sellers, Jr., for the Second Circuit, Seat 1;
• W. Braxton Gillam IV, for the Fourth Circuit, Seat 2;
• Gordon J. Glover for the Fifth Circuit, Seat 1;
• Sandra F. Diamond for the Sixth Circuit, Seat 2;
• Stephanie Marchman for the Eighth Circuit, Seat 1;
• Julia Lauren Frey for the Ninth Circuit, Seat 2;
• Nikki Lewis Simon for the 11th Circuit, Seat 2;
• Jorge Luis Piedra for the 11th Circuit, Seat 4;
•F. Scott Westheimer for the 12th Circuit, Seat 1;
• Amy S. Farrior for the 13th Circuit, Seat 2;
• J. Carter Andersen for the 13th Circuit, Seat 3;
• Ronald P. Ponzoli, Jr., for the 15th Circuit, Seat 2;
• Wayne LaRue Smith for the 16th Circuit, Seat 1;
• Diana Santa Maria for the 17th Circuit, Seat 2;
• Lorna Brown-Burton for the 17th Circuit, Seat 3;
• Adam Rabinowitz for the 17th Circuit, Seat 5;
• Gregory S. Weiss for the 19th Circuit, Seat 1;
• John D. Agnew for the 20th Circuit, Seat 2;
• E. Duffy Myrtetus for Out-of-State, Seat 1; and
• Eric L. Meeks for Out-of-State, Seat 3.
All but Glover are incumbents.
All new and returning board members will be sworn in for their two-year terms in June at the Bar’s Annual Convention.