Tampa-area lawyers celebrates Women’s History Month with virtual book club discussions and luncheons
The Hillsborough County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, the Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers, and WMU Cooley Law School co-hosted a kickoff luncheon to celebrate Women’s History Month. Local author Doris Weatherford spoke about one of her many books, “Victory for the Vote,” and the women’s suffrage movement.
About 60 judges and lawyers attended the even.
Over the course of March, the group also hosted three virtual book club discussions and a second luncheon featuring:
- Retired Judge Claudia Isom
- Susan Ware, author of “Why They Marched”
- Retired Hillsborough County Clerk Pat Frank
- Public Defender Julianne Holt
- Retired Justice Peggy Quince
- Stacy Yates of the League of Women Voters