Help Recognize Extraordinary Service
The Marshall R. Cassedy, Sr. Award is presented each year to a voluntary bar executive or Florida Bar staff member who has provided extraordinary service to either a voluntary bar or The Florida Bar.
Established in 2012, this award honors and recognizes the legacy and attributes of Marshall R. Cassedy, Sr., who served with great distinction as Executive Director of The Florida Bar from 1961-1980. After Mr. Cassedy died in 2011, then-President Scott Hawkins appointed a committee to develop recommendations to honor him. In addition to this award, which is presented by The Florida Bar President at the Annual Convention, there is a permanent commemorative plaque in the lobby at Bar headquarters in Tallahassee.
To Submit a Nomination:
Please complete the Marshall R. Cassedy, Sr. Award Nomination Form no later than 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31. You will receive a confirmation email upon submission. Supporting materials are not required but may be uploaded as a single PDF to the nomination form.
Past Recipients of this Award:
- 2012 Patience Burns, Executive Director, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- 2013 Darlene L. Kelly, Executive Director, Hillsborough County Bar Foundation
- 2014 Karen France, Executive Director, Clearwater Bar Association
- 2015 Jan Jung, Executive Director, Sarasota County Bar Association
- 2016 Mary Ellen Bateman, Division Director, The Florida Bar
- 2017 Michael Doubek, Executive Director, Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association
- 2018 John F. Kynes, Executive Director, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- 2019 Thomas V. Miller, Young Lawyers Division Program Administrator, The Florida Bar
- 2020 Melissa Byers, St. Petersburg Bar Association