2015 Annual Florida Bar Convention
Join your colleagues at the 65th Annual Florida Bar Convention June 24- 27, at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. We hope you plan to attend the multiple CLE opportunities, Section and Committee meetings and special events including Judicial Luncheon and All Member Reception. Make your hotel reservations now at www.floridabar.org/annualconvention. Deadline approaching for Florida Bar Annual Convention Sponsor & Exhibitors.
Legislative Session Update
The weekly legislative report to Bar members for March 23-27 is now available. The recap covers the status of major issues of importance to The Florida Bar. Previous weekly updates are also available here.
The Florida Bar Journal
The April issue of The Florida Bar Journal is now available online, featuring articles on:
- Challenging transactions of a decedent
- Vision 2016 and the future practice of law in Florida
- U.S. tax considerations for entertainers and athletes
- Student athletes as employees
- Air rights and real estate
- 19th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission Vacancies to fill - March 31
The Florida Bar News
TheApril 1 Bar News is now available with stories including:
- The YLD launching a health and wellness month.
- A checklist for those representing child survivors of human trafficking.
- A measure that would end permanent alimony.
Find a Lawyer
Daily News Summary
JUSTICE DEPARTMENT INVESTIGATES FLORIDA SUPREME COURT ON BAR MENTAL HEALTH SCREENINGThe U.S. Justice Department is investigating the Florida Supreme Court over its policy of evaluating Florida Bar applicants for mental healt...
PLEA DEAL TOSSED FOR LAWYERS IN DUI SETUP CASEPinellas-Pasco Senior Judge W. Douglas Baird rejected a deal for Tampa attorneys Stephen Diaco, Robert Adams and Adam Filthaut, saying the p...
LORETTA LYNCH ATTENDS INVESTITURE OF TOP FEDERAL PROSECUTOR IN TAMPAU.S. attorney general nominee Loretta Lynch attended Lee Bentley's ceremonial investiture as U.S. attorney for Florida's Middle District on...