Historical Society Event
Join the Florida Supreme Court Historical Society for their Annual Dinner, featuring acclaimed constitutional expert Jeffrey Rosen, on January 19, 2017.
The Florida Bar News
The Jan. 15 Bar News is now available with stories including:
· The impact of artificial intelligence on the practice of law.
· A proposal to allow the Legislature to override Supreme Court decisions.
· A YLD video that tells the division’s story.
Learn multiple tips and tricks for Microsoft Word, including how to convert a PDF to Word while IN Word ... For additional information on this tip and others, visit the Tech Tips page.
- New applications sought for Judicial Nominating Commission vacancies - Deadline, Feb. 6
- Statewide Nominating Commission for Judges of Compensation Claims Vacancies - Deadline, Feb. 17
THE FLORIDA BAR JOURNAL JANUARY
The January issue of The Florida Bar Journal and digital edition are now available online, featuring articles on:
- Florida’s Revised LLC Act and involuntary dissociation of members
- Sentencing trends over the past 10 years since Booker
- Revisions to the Florida Health Care Surrogates Act
- Dog bite due process
Find a Lawyer
Daily News Summary
NEW TRUST ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE PILOT PROGRAM PLANNEDThis week, FloridaBarNews.TV highlights three member service projects underway by The Florida Bar Board of Governors: developing low-cost tr...
LOCAL ATTORNEY LAUDED FOR PRO BONO WORKPeggy-Anne O'Connor will be recognized for her work with the poor, homeless and indigent residents of the Gainesville area when she receives...
CORCORAN FIRES BACK: CLIP WINGS OF ACTIVIST JUDGES IN FLORIDARichard Corcoran, speaker of the Florida House, writes: "In a free society, no one should get to hold office in perpetuity. Power, unchecked...